airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Airavata EC2 GenApp
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2014 17:14:10 GMT
Hi Emre,

You already hit all the right links. So if you are trying to integrate
right away, then the current trunk needs work, but the last release (v0.11)
will work with EC2. But the new thrift based API is with trunk and GFac was
being refined to do better monitoring and EC2 monitoring needs to be
updated.

A student proposed a GSoC project to revisit the current EC2 integration
and port it to using JClouds library [1].

So here is what I will suggest:

* You can use Java based clients with 0.11 release as of today
* Wait until, lets say end of may to integrate with thrift API (hence all
the language bindings) and improvised monitoring using jclouds.
* Once integrated with JClouds, it will buy in integration with other cloud
providers listed here [2].

If you are planning to use it right away, then I will look up for papers
and other documentation on current implementation - [3].

Suresh
[1] - http://jclouds.apache.org/.
[2] - http://jclouds.apache.org/reference/providers/
[3] -