airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Lahiru Gunathilake <glah...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update on BES Provider implementation
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2014 13:34:45 GMT
Hi Shahbaz,

I had a look at the code and I think the actual error is not a NPE but in
side the catch claus we get NPE because currentMonitorID is null, so if you
change the code as following and run again, we will get some meaningful
information. I can see you have followed the same implementation as
QstatMonitor, I will change the code in QstatMonitor too.

else if (!this.queue.contains(take)) {   // we put the job back to the
queue only if its state is not unknown
                if (currentMonitorID == null) {
                    logger.error("Monitoring the jobs failed, for user: " +
take.getUserName()
                            + " in Host: " +
currentHostDescription.getType().getHostAddress());
                } else {
                    if (currentMonitorID != null) {
                        if (currentMonitorID.getFailedCount() < 2) {
                            try {

currentMonitorID.setFailedCount(currentMonitorID.getFailedCount() + 1);
                                this.queue.put(take);
                            } catch (InterruptedException e1) {
                                e1.printStackTrace();
                            }
                        } else {
                            logger.error(e.getMessage());
                            logger.error("Tried to monitor the job 3 times,
so dropping of the the Job with ID: " + currentMonitorID.getJobID());
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
            throw new AiravataMonitorException("Error retrieving the job
status", e);
        }

Thanks
Lahiru