airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Lahiru Gunathilake <glah...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggestions on maintaining the server/client configuration files?
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 18:14:08 GMT
Hi saminda,

For unit tests we are only going to change credential related parameters to
check certain funcationality which we cannot test with localhost (ex: pbs
related stuff, slurm related stuff etc). In that case we only need to
change credentials which can be read through system properties (these
properties can be given in the maven command). In this case we can unify
all the test cases to read same properties and all the grid tests should
run with one configuration change (in command).

If we are only changing credentials during unit tests, we should be good
with current model I guess.

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 1:02 PM, Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@gmail.com>wrote:

> A new properties file (say "custom.properties") would be introduced
> containing only the settings that are different from the shipped version of
> the server or client properties file. At runtime the Settings class will
> load the server/client properties file as usual and afterwards merge with
> the settings defined in custom.properties file. Each module will have its
> own custom.properties file defined for unit tests if they have settings
> that would different compared to the default valued. Thus the
> custom.properties file will act overloading and overriding the default
> server/client properties file in the classpath. wdyt?

if we have multiple modules, before running tests we have to modify every
place (because we cannot commit credentials to the repo, and at this point
we only need to change credentials).

WDYT ?

> On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 2:18 AM, Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> hi devs,
>>
>> I refactored the trunk code to link airavata-server.properties and
>> airavata-client.properties from 2 maven modules now included in the trunk.
>>  modules/configurations/server
>> modules/configurations/client
>>
>> airavata-server.properties is used by the "airavata-standalone-server"
>> module (@ modules/server) and in the server distribution.
>> airavata-client.properties was used in,
>> modules/orchestrator/orchestrator-client-sdks
>> modules/xbaya-gui
>> modules/distribution/xbaya-gui
>> modules/distribution/airavata-client
>> modules/airavata-client
>> airavata-api/airavata-client-sdks/java-client-samples
>>
>> However I was not able to carry out similar merge for the properties
>> files used in the tests since I kept hitting on broken unit tests. I will
>> try to fix them first along with the issue reported by lahiru [2].
>>
>> Saminda
>>
>> 1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-1121
>> 2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-1119
>>

>> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 6:40 AM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> I think we already have it in gfac-schemas and using tool like this[1],
>>> we can quickly generate forms without worrying about changing them when the
>>> schema changes.
>>>
>>> But I think we are going to do a new Application Catalog and once its
>>> done we can use some tool to do the same thing.
>>>
>>> [1]https://code.google.com/p/xsd-web-forms/
>>> Regards
>>> Lahiru

functions