airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Lahiru Gunathilake <glah...@gmail.com>
Subject Writing until tests and using properties from airavata-server.properties
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 19:25:58 GMT
Hi Devs,

During unit test writing, we need some of the properties to be set and
currently in airavata we have airavata-server.properties in only one place.
 When we retrieve them from ServerSettings.java and ClientSettings.java we
give higher preference to the system property with the same key and then we
read from airavata-server.properties.

So during until test writing we can use this feature and set your required
properties in your test case and use them. If there are properties which
needs to be provided by the person who run the tests (ex: myproxy password,
certificate location) we can read these from maven system property setting
like below.

mvn clean install -Dmyproxy.password=xxx.

I have finished the tests cases for gsissh,job-monitor,orchestrator-core
and gfac-core using the the above mentioned model. With this approach we do
not need to duplicate airavata-server.properties all over the modules.

Meantime we can have a test for our sample
airavata-server/client.properties files to check whether our sample
properties file we ship is syned with the code which reads them.

Regards
Lahiru
--
System Analyst Programmer