airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Shahbaz Memon <m.me...@fz-juelich.de>
Subject Update on BES Provider implementation
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2014 13:00:14 GMT
Hi all,

I am facing one issue while testing the bes's pull monitor implementation.

Before stating my issue, let me write details on the current implementation state,

For the bes extension I have forked the github repository under the following url,

https://github.com/msmemon/airavata

In the forked sources most of the classes are not touched except a couple of modifications
and additions. I have also modified project poms with multiple dependency exclusions to avoid
class loading horrors.

There is a partially tested implementation available with input / output handlers, provider,and
monitor classes.

For the monitoring purposes (as it is the place where I am facing an issue), I have written
a pull monitor that is very similar to the QStat one, the only exception is the connection
object which contains a different credential and proxy client instance that is suitable for
BES supported endpoints.

Now my issue is,

during the job submission process, input handler and provider is properly invoked, and after
that, BESPullJobMonitor [1] is throwing a NPE, thus my workflow is not reaching the final
phase of output handler invocation and completion.

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.airavata.job.monitor.impl.pull.bes.BESPullJobMonitor.startPulling(BESPullJobMonitor.java:173)
        at org.apache.airavata.job.monitor.impl.pull.bes.BESPullJobMonitor.run(BESPullJobMonitor.java:60)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

May be I am not rightly following the NEW monitoring extensions. Any feedback is more than
welcome.

[1] https://github.com/msmemon/airavata/blob/master/tools/job-monitor/src/main/java/org/apache/airavata/job/monitor/impl/pull/bes/BESPullJobMonitor.java

Thanks in advance,

Shahbaz