airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Raminder Singh <raminderjsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GFac latest changes
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2014 17:26:39 GMT
+1 for the changes. We can take advantage of such framework to handle provider level decencies
also and avoid any classpath issues. Are you planning to have handlers/providers as service
which orchestrator can route the request to? This approach can be used to distribute the load
also going forward.

Thanks
Raminder

On Apr 30, 2014, at 12:09 PM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> As we have discussed me and Nipun finished 80% of separation gfac-core from its own implementation
and split those implementation in to different modules. I am planning to add following features
to gfac-core and move the monitoring implementation out of gfac-core which will use the following
framework features.

> 1. Developers can configure daemon type handlers which are not specific for each request
but common to the jvm. These daemon type handlers will start during gfac initializing and
shutdown during gfac shutdown. All the handlers/provider which get execute for each request
can access the daemon handlers and can give some work for them. (basically jobexecution context
has access to the configured daemon handlers).

> 2. Developers can configure request specific handlers to run in separate thread. Currently
we are running all the handlers for a given request in a single thread but if you implement
ThreadedHandler and configure it in the execution chain rather configuring as a global daemon
handler it will get execute in a separate thread. But this is for each execution request which
matches your handler chain.

> I am planning to use above feature of the gfac framework and implement a reliable monitoring
for hpc resources we support. So there will be another gfac implementation module like gfac-hpc-monitor
and it will not be coupled with gfac-core.