airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JGlobus 2.1.0 testing for Bouncy Castle updates
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2014 02:13:57 GMT
Hi Mark,

Thanks for reviewing the threads. Yes I mean JGlobus 2.1 which has dependency to bc1.49. The
current release 2.0.6 has bc1.45 dependency.

Yes, the bug Terri reported need to be verified in 2.1 branch, as I understood, Terri ran
into the issue on 2.0.6.  So we need to pool some community effort to test, verify and make
the release. I have the required karma to do a release, but do not have cycles for testing
and bug fixes, hence the plea.

Suresh

On Apr 23, 2014, at 6:44 PM, Miller, Mark <mmiller@sdsc.edu> wrote:

> I was a little confused by this.
> You meant jglobus 2.1, not 1.49 right? its jglobus 2.1, with bc 1.49?
>
> CIPRES has not been able to use jglobus with gridftp because of a bug that Terri has
described on the list.
> I am not sure if this bug is relevant for Airavata, but warn you all of its existence
here.

> It seems from reading the list there is work to do on the jglobus release process before
further releases are made.

> Mark

which will bump the bouncy castle version to 1.49.

> Since this will ease the integration of BES provider with Airavata, I encourage you all
chime in the discussion and help test and speed the release of jglobus 1.49. The mailing list
to discuss this is jglobus-user@googlegroups.com