airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: git repo for airavata web clients
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 18:46:21 GMT
Just to clarify, to commit to any repo on ASF infrastructure a committtership will be a pre-requisite.
But as a PMC we can granularly control any of our repos.

To answer the question, I personally do not see any need to control access among committters.
I agree this need if we are opening up to contributors (which I do not think is legally complaint).

Just FYI, subversion project allows any ASF committer to have write access to their repos,
they believe in social trust rather then ACL’s, I like this boldness it makes us feel welcome.
Ofcouse, I doubt any one will commit without a consent on the mailing list, but thats the
point.

Suresh

On Apr 29, 2014, at 12:52 PM, Marlon Pierce <marpierc@iu.edu> wrote:

> Would we want to have the option to restrict committership to a specific
> repo?
>
> Marlon
>
> On 4/29/14 12:32 PM, Suresh Marru wrote:
>> For reference, please see what other projects are doing - https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf
>>
>> Projects like cloudstack, cordova, couchdb jclouds and others pretty much add a new
repo for lots of components. Other projects choose to have one repo for everything.

>> I am not yet weighing one option over other and soliciting everyone’s input.
>>
>> Suresh
>>
>> On Apr 29, 2014, at 12:27 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Since the transition to git was uneventful and seems to work well, I want to
resurrect the discussion of a code repos.

>>> To demonstrate Airavata we will need reference implementations of API. Previous
web implementations are all over the place. Can we discuss what is the good place to consolidate
these examples and indeed release them periodically?