airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Reagan, David Michael" <dmrea...@iu.edu>
Subject RE: SELinux configuration for Airavata PHP client
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2014 14:56:11 GMT
I started seeing a similar error on gw111 yesterday afternoon, and it continues today. Since
I was out of the office, I just assumed someone was messing with the server temporarily, but
perhaps it is something more?

( ! ) Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Thrift\Exception\TException' with message ' in C:\wamp\www\Airavata-PHP-Client-Samples\lib\Thrift\Transport\TSocket.php
on line 235
( ! ) Thrift\Exception\TException: TSocket: Could not connect to gw111.iu.xsede.org:8930 (A
connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period
of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. [10060])
in C:\wamp\www\Airavata-PHP-Client-Samples\lib\Thrift\Transport\TSocket.php on line 235

From: Marie IUB [mailto:marie.uits@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 10:37 AM
To: dev@airavata.apache.org
Subject: SELinux configuration for Airavata PHP client

Hi,

I ran into this yesterday and thought it might be helpful to others as well.

When deploying the Airavata PHP client on a Linux server, I got the following errors in the
HTTP logs at first:
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Thrift\\Exception\\TException' with message 'TSocket:
Could not connect to server  (Permission denied [13])' ....

It turned out to be SELinux configurations, and need to run the following command as root
to fix:
setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect 1

Thanks
Marie