airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Marlon Pierce <marpi...@iu.edu>
Subject Re: git repo for airavata web clients
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2014 16:54:58 GMT
I'm +0 for keeping one git repo. We can always go to 2 or more if this
turns out to be the wrong choice.

Marlon

On 4/30/14 12:48 PM, Suresh Marru wrote:
> On Apr 29, 2014, at 4:19 PM, Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Having different repos will only help if we are planning to have independent release
cycles.Does it make sense (or it is required ) to release the g/w separately?
> I am unable to guess if we will need separate release cycles or not. Since web interfaces
can take more development iterations then changes to clients and server packages, I guess
we might have the need. Other thoughts?

> Lets draw this to a conclusion? I seeing mostly + 0 -0 kind of opinions. Any strong preferences
or should we just roll the dice and go with one option for now?

> Suresh
>

>> /Danushka

full blown gateway, some users would use it directly as their gateway. If they want some new
features to be added, they can do that and they will be able to commit it to the main repo,
so that other users can use those features too.

to become a project of its own, with its own contributors, as a framework for new gateways.
>>> Hi Sachith,
>>>
>>> This is a good goal. When such success story happen, we still encourage the PHP
Reference Gateway bundled within Airavata to have an example to refer to. The cloned version
of success project can potentially build its own community in github or elsewhere. A challenge
for airavata should be to motivate the community to contribute back generic examples which
will benefit other users and help maintain the reference implementation.

>>> Suresh

will be a pre-requisite. But as a PMC we can granularly control any of our repos.

among committters. I agree this need if we are opening up to contributors (which I do not
think is legally complaint).

to their repos, they believe in social trust rather then ACL’s, I like this boldness it
makes us feel welcome. Ofcouse, I doubt any one will commit without a consent on the mailing
list, but thats the point.

pretty much add a new repo for lots of components. Other projects choose to have one repo
for everything.

well, I want to resurrect the discussion of a code repos.

of API. Previous web implementations are all over the place. Can we discuss what is the good
place to consolidate these examples and indeed release them periodically?

trunk and release them along with Airavata.