airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Marlon Pierce <marpi...@iu.edu>
Subject Re: Conveying Errors through the Thrift API
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2014 16:30:48 GMT
I think if we can't maintain backward/forward compatibility with Thrift
as we uncover more error conditions, then we have to go with Option 2.

On a side note, I have a semantic versioning question. If we make
changes to the API that are backward compatible, then this is a minor
version increment (x.y+1.0) or a patch update (x.y.z+1)?

Marlon