airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Marlon Pierce <marpi...@iu.edu>
Subject Best practices for using Git with Apache?
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2014 13:11:14 GMT
Are there other projects that we think are good models for using Git,
the GitHub mirror, and Apache?

A git pull request is not equivalent to submitting a patch through Jira
in licensing terms. I think we want to encourage a culture of frequent,
small commits from contributors rather than one big merge, and we want
committers to also commit frequently to master rather than do big
downstream merges, but I'm interested in seeing examples of how other
Apache projects are handling this.

I'd also like to see good examples of projects using GitHub tools
(review features, for example) and also learn what they don't do.

Marlon