airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: genapp airavata integration
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 21:20:31 GMT
Hi Emre,

I do not see any known hurdles here and is very much inline with the current development commits.
I think this is a very tangible milestone for Nadeem to shoot for his GSoC project. I think
I understand what you are trying to accomplish here and have some idea about the voids. As
soon as Nadeem is done with his finals and available, we can set up a hangout and get on same
page. But if it helps you plan the demo, my clear answer is yes, it will be nice if you can
push for it.

Suresh

On Apr 28, 2014, at 4:09 PM, Emre Brookes <emre@biochem.uthscsa.edu> wrote:

> Lahiru Gunathilake wrote:
>> What do you mean by DIRECT job submission to SGE ? But I know we can submit to SGE
and monitor the jobs.

>> Regards
>> Lahiru
> I mean Airavata would be running in a vm on the cluster and will be able to directly
submit (via ssh) to the
> queue without certificates etc.
>
> Raminder wrote:
>> What language client you are looking for? Airavata can integrate with cluster even
now but it would be good to learn the security requirements. Do you need to transfer data?