airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Features for Airavata 0.12 release
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2014 16:22:07 GMT
Hi All,

I would like to volunteer to update the release management instructions to the new GIT repo
based and be a release manager for 0.12.

Since thrift based migration is actively going on, how about we snapshot the development and
carve out a working version and have a RC in 2 days? That will be Wednesday march 12th? Once
we iterate on the functional working of the minimal features discussed below, we can probably
release 0.12 with all known limitations and work on 0.13.

Suresh

On Jan 21, 2014, at 12:30 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:

> Sounds great. May be one idea is to take the thrify route with the following priority:
>
> 1. Simple application execution using Orchestrator
> 2. Query for experiment and job status from registry
> 3. Fetch input, output provenance data from registry
> 4. Workflow execution using thrift api
> 5. Application Catalog (all the service, host and application descriptions)
>
> So based on your release list, hopefully we can shoot to have 1, 2 3 done for 0.12 and
4 and 5 for 0.13?

> Suresh
>
> On Jan 21, 2014, at 12:08 PM, Chathuri Wimalasena <kamalasini@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Suresh,
>>
>> I think we can have at least the basic skeletons ready for the release. We may not
be able to have the complete thrift IDLs for registry though. Do you think it is ok ?

>> Regards,
>> Chathuri
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:43 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi Chathuri,
>>
>> For Thrift interfaces, do we want to focus on execution API only or do you think
we can get a version of Registry methods also into this release?

>> Suresh
>>
>> On Jan 21, 2014, at 10:06 AM, Chathuri Wimalasena <kamalasini@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Its time to plan features for Airavata 0.12. Lets use this mail thread to discuss
features that you would like to incorporate into Airavata 0.12.

>>> So please come up with realistic feature list (which we can finish within 6 weeks)
for 0.12. Tentative target release date is Feb 28th. Here are some of the features that we
need to incorporate into this release.