airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Wijeratne <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggestions on maintaining the server/client configuration files?
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 02:22:43 GMT
A little update on the efforts on this...

   - Like Amila suggested, ServerSettings now by default supports
   parameterization
   - settings can be added/updated by passing the new settings via command
   line (and incidentally passing them to the static func.
   ServerMain.main(...)).
      - $ ./airavata-server.sh --myproxy.user=saminda --myproxy.pass=pass123
      - Introduced ServerSettings.mergeSettings...(...) functions to help
   add/update settings through Maps, command line args, additional prop files.

The issue that I'm still facing is the duplication of the
airavata-server.properties configuration file in the code base. Last time I
checked copies of it is spread out at 14 locations in the trunk (for
running junit tests, in standalone server dist, in integration tests, in
sample gateway).

   - config files in a single location in the trunk and refer to them using
   relative paths:
      - done using the maven-builder-helper plugin.
      - But it seems the IDEs doesn't recognize resources outside the
      project folder.
   - "git subtrees" (which allows two way code sharing) similar to "svn
   externals":
   - the limitations in it (configs needs to be in a different repo,
      subtree will be merged on the root, cannot specifically select which code
      to share?), it seems its not a viable option.

any ideas?