airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Wijeratne <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Submitting patches now that we use Git
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2014 19:50:13 GMT
Definitely should update that site with the relevant git commands... Its
not obvious for a user who's not familiar with git to know which commands
to use.

Some of the commands which I found useful when working with patches are,

#update current copy
git pull
#view changes in the code
git diff
#add a commit on the current changes in the local repo
git commit
#create patches out of local commits in the local repo - never had to use
this one though
git format-patch HEAD

#check to see the patch can be applied without errors
git apply --check <patch file>
#apply the patch
git apply <patch file>
#how to resolve after fixing the conflicts
git rm or git add
#revert a single file/folder
git checkout
#revert the whole repo