airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Lahiru Gunathilake <glah...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Retrieving Experiment Summaries
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2014 19:04:32 GMT
 On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 2:55 PM, Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@gmail.com>wrote:

> For performance issues a gateway should only request a subset of data of
> an experiment from Airavata server to compile a summary view of the
> experiment to the scientist. Based on my current experience I feel the
> following data is required to compile a general summary.
>
>   - Exp ID/Name
>   - Status
>   - Project
>   - Owner/Creation time

+1, We can show minimum data and give detailed view on-demand. But I think
we need to support experiment search based on some criteria and develop an
index for each search criteria, because if I ran jobs for 6 months and I
would never want to get all my experiments, even thought we make it super
fast will minimum data.

ex: I want to search the experiments I ran last week, or with some text
base search.

We can use the above solution Saminda suggested in searching too.

Lahiru

--
System Analyst Programmer
PTI Lab