airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.am...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggestions on maintaining the server/client configuration files?
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 18:55:14 GMT
Hi Saminda,

I guess the best thing is to create template configuration files in a
central location and replace needed variables within the test
initialization and place generated config files within the target directory
of the test case.

E.g :- registry.url = ${registry.url}

${registry.url} is replaced within the test case with appropriate value.
Then we dont need to duplicate configuration files in everywhere. Also when
a configuration is updated we only need to change in a single place.
You may encapsulate template parameter replacing logic into a common util
class so that each test case can just invoke the logic.

Further we should have a single place to read all configurations and all
subcomponents must go through this configuration component to get config
values. Otherwise it will be hard to maintain the configuration reading
code.

Thanks
Amila