airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Shahbaz Memon <m.me...@fz-juelich.de>
Subject Supporting BESProvider
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2014 15:53:22 GMT
Hi all,

In our experience the GFAC's BES [1] provider appeared to be useful for science gateways (for
example UltraScan) submitting and managing jobs on UNICORE [2] based HPC infrastructures.
In spite of that the existing code, which is based on 0.10 branch needs some effort to make
it compatible with the latest Airavata source. For that I will be maintaining and supporting
the provider code. I will make sure the provider deployments can securely interact with remote
BES complaint interfaces (at least with UNICORE, generally any BES middleware). This may involve
some updates at the core services layer, for which I will need your help.

Thanks,

Shahbaz Memon
Jülich Supercomputing Center
Forschungszentrum Jülich