airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Raminder Singh <raminderjsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Test cases in Airavata with grid security
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 15:28:03 GMT
+1 to have separate profiles for testing.

Raminder

On Mar 27, 2014, at 11:25 AM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes I was thinking of having different build profiles and in the default profile we remove
the grid/ec2 related tests.
> So for a release we have to run the release profile which includes everything.
> Regards
> Lahiru
>

> On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 11:17 AM, Marlon Pierce <marpierc@iu.edu> wrote:
> How about having an "all tests" profile for full release testing?
>

> Marlon
>
> On 3/27/14 11:11 AM, Suresh Marru wrote:
> > Also, same could be argued for other providers like EC2, Unicore and so on.
> >
> > I mean you want to have Unicore to european clusters a test case and if a XSEDE
developer does not have those credentials, those tests should be in separate silos as well.

> > Suresh
> >
> > On Mar 27, 2014, at 11:09 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >> + 1, I like this tradeoff.
> >>
> >> Suresh

main reason is normal user who comes to airavata might not have any grid security to build
airavata with tests.

from a normal build and write more test cases to test the local functionality for each modules
to test each functionality and enable tests to build in airavata. Test cases which should
need grid security has to go to grid related test module which is not part of the main build.

real usecases during the development, so the developers who got credentials can run those
tests during development and others will not be burdened of those tests but still they can
build with the test-cases.