airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Viknes Balasubramanee <vikn...@msn.com>
Subject RE: GSoC 2013 to GSoC 2014
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 00:32:30 GMT

Thanks,
Viknes

-----Original Message-----
From: Suresh Marru [mailto:smarru@apache.org]
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2014 8:00 AM
To: Airavata Dev; Airavata Dev
Cc: Subho Banerjee; Shameera Rathnayaka; Vijayendra Grampurohit; Sanchit
Aggarwal; Danushka Menikkumbura; viknesb@gmail.com; Subho Banerjee; Shameera
Rathnayaka; Vijayendra Grampurohit; Sanchit Aggarwal; Danushka Menikkumbura;
viknesb@gmail.com
Subject: GSoC 2013 to GSoC 2014

Hi All,

Last year GSoC projects made good individual contributions producing
components but we fell short of integrating them. Part of the challenge was
lack of native JS support in Airavata API. Now that Airavata API has also
evolved significantly, can we revisit these projects.

Can each of you please refresh your memories and documentation and summarize
what needs to be done and how much you are realistically planning to
continue to contribute and which will be a good new GSoC 2014 project based
on the theme you guys have worked on.

Since Shameera volunteered to explore the JS support in Airavata API (either
using the native thrift version or a additional JS-API layer) lets assume
this and discuss further. GSOC 2014 deadlines are round the corner, so
please speed up this discussion.

Cheers,
Suresh