airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Supporting Saving Experiments to launch later
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 14:23:11 GMT
On Mar 21, 2014, at 10:00 AM, Sachith Withana <swsachith@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Since we have a two step process in submitting an experiment ( creating and launching),
we should/can allow saving experiments to be launched later as we support saving through the
createExperiment method.

> Right now we don't allow the gateway to get those "SAVED" experiments. We can have a
general method at the API level that can get Experiments based on the status.

> So that if a gateway wants to retrieve the saved Experiments it can make a call like
getExperimentsByStatus("CREATED”).

From the API standpoint we may want to keep the status as a list. That way, clients can ask
for experiments in one or more statues.

In the current form, the experiment not launched will be in statuses  CREATED -> VALIDATED
-> SCHEDULED->LAUNCHED->EXECUTING …

May be saved also calls for a status CONFIGURED

Suresh