airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Running Integration-tests without myproxy credentials and cert paths
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 01:22:58 GMT
On Mar 26, 2014, at 9:13 PM, Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi all,
>
> Since we have the LocalProvider integration tests added, shall we not make the stampede
and trestles tests compulsory to pass (infact bypass with a warning) if the myproxy credentials
are not provided?

+ 1. I even will vouch these tests should be optional. In my opinion the default tests should
be to ensure all of Airavata components work in harmony and local provider certainly ensures
that. The Grid providers certainly add more test cases and also the validate the most common
usage of airavata, but they need configuration and also it is difficult to isolate the test
failures, they can be outside the scope of airavata and it will be wrong indicator to fail
a test case for those cases.

Suresh