airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Schwartz, Terri" <te...@sdsc.edu>
Subject RE: Retrieving Experiment Summaries
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 00:27:52 GMT
Hi Saminda,

I'm working on a similar issue in the cipres rest api.  I'm curious about the syntax for filter
criteria and how general purpose it will be.  Is there an implied 'and' between the individual
criterion?  Can more elaborate boolean expressions be used?

Terri
________________________________
From: Saminda Wijeratne [samindaw@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2014 2:40 PM
To: dev
Subject: Re: Retrieving Experiment Summaries

In an offline discussion with Chathuri, we came up with a simple way for gateway developers
to specify retrieving a filtered set of experiment data based on the requirements of the gateway
user.

eg:

SearchQuery query =
new SearchQuery({Experiment.Name, Experiment.Status}, {{Experiment.Owner,"bob"},{Experiment.Project,"manhattan"}{Experiment.Created,"03-19-2014",">"})
List<Experiment> experiments = thriftAPI.getExperiments(query);

Sample syntax
sq = new SearchQuery(<list of fields that needs to be filled>, <list of filter criteria
for the data>)

Further more the SearchQuery will have the capability to specify paging (eg; experiments from
11 to 20).

wdyt?

Saminda

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com<mailto:glahiru@gmail.com>>