airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Test cases in Airavata with grid security
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 15:11:56 GMT
Also, same could be argued for other providers like EC2, Unicore and so on.

I mean you want to have Unicore to european clusters a test case and if a XSEDE developer
does not have those credentials, those tests should be in separate silos as well.

Suresh

On Mar 27, 2014, at 11:09 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:

> + 1, I like this tradeoff.
>
> Suresh
>
> On Mar 27, 2014, at 11:07 AM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Currently in Airavata trunk we have disabled all the tests with grid security, main
reason is normal user who comes to airavata might not have any grid security to build airavata
with tests.

>> I think we have to separate out grid related tests and run them separate from a normal
build and write more test cases to test the local functionality for each modules to test each
functionality and enable tests to build in airavata. Test cases which should need grid security
has to go to grid related test module which is not part of the main build.

>> Grid security related tests cases are really important for us to test the real usecases
during the development, so the developers who got credentials can run those tests during development
and others will not be burdened of those tests but still they can build with the test-cases.