airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PHP Client Hackathon
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 20:41:26 GMT
Hi Dave,

This is great feedback. We should consider having the PHP client directly worked from Airavata
GIT. We need to update website documentation to include how to contribute instructions. The
old instructions are svn based and now obsolete.

Please see below for more comments:

PHP client during the recent hackathon. You can find the code on GitHub here - https://github.com/SciGaP/Airavata-PHP-Client-Samples.

> SUCCESS
> GetAPIVersion
> createExperiment
> getExperiment
> launchExperiment
> getExperimentStatus
> getJobStatuses
>
> SORT OF WORKED
> getExperimentOutputs (it ran without error, but I wasn’t sure what to do with the results)
>
> FAILURE
> getAllUserProjects
> getAllExperimentsInProject
> getAllUserExperiments
>
> NOT TESTED
> createProject
> updateProject
> getProject
> updateExperiment
> updateExperimentConfiguration
> updateResourceScheduleing
> cloneExperiment
> terminateExperiment
>
> Notes:
>
> Returning the experiment’s status code string with getExperimentStatus is somewhat
convoluted in PHP due to the enum-like data structure set up by Thrift. See line 93 of airavata-client-sample.php.
It might be nice to provide a helper function like getExperimentStatusString.

> The same is true of a job’s status string using getJobStatuses. See line 70 of airavata-client-sample-2.php.

Agreed. Most of Airavata developers are not good at PHP and will appreciate your contributions
of these helper functions.

> Why is it getExperimentStatus but getJobStatuses? Does a job report multiple statuses?
If not, then they should both end in “Status”.

> updateResourceScheduleing should be updateResourceScheduling.

This is embarrassing to have typos in the API’s. I am the creator of these and will fix
them.

Thanks for these notes, very useful summary,

Suresh

> That’s all for now. It was fun hacking with you!
>
> Dave
> --
> David Reagan
> Advanced Visualization Lab
> Indiana University
> avl.iu.edu
>
> The Advanced Visualization Lab is part of the Research Technologies division of UITS;
Research Technologies is a PTI Cyberinfrastructure & Service Center.