airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Features for Airavata 0.12 release
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 02:31:06 GMT
Hi All,

We have overly delayed in pushing the release out. Any objections in cutting a release in
as-is condition and start working on a feature full 0.13 release?

Suresh
On Mar 10, 2014, at 12:22 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I would like to volunteer to update the release management instructions to the new GIT
repo based and be a release manager for 0.12.

> Since thrift based migration is actively going on, how about we snapshot the development
and carve out a working version and have a RC in 2 days? That will be Wednesday march 12th?
Once we iterate on the functional working of the minimal features discussed below, we can
probably release 0.12 with all known limitations and work on 0.13.

> Suresh
>
> On Jan 21, 2014, at 12:30 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Sounds great. May be one idea is to take the thrify route with the following priority:
>>
>> 1. Simple application execution using Orchestrator
>> 2. Query for experiment and job status from registry
>> 3. Fetch input, output provenance data from registry
>> 4. Workflow execution using thrift api
>> 5. Application Catalog (all the service, host and application descriptions)
>>
>> So based on your release list, hopefully we can shoot to have 1, 2 3 done for 0.12
and 4 and 5 for 0.13?

>> Suresh
>>
>> On Jan 21, 2014, at 12:08 PM, Chathuri Wimalasena <kamalasini@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Suresh,
>>>
>>> I think we can have at least the basic skeletons ready for the release. We may
not be able to have the complete thrift IDLs for registry though. Do you think it is ok ?

>>> Regards,
>>> Chathuri
>>>

>>> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:43 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Chathuri,
>>>
>>> For Thrift interfaces, do we want to focus on execution API only or do you think
we can get a version of Registry methods also into this release?

>>> Suresh

discuss features that you would like to incorporate into Airavata 0.12.

6 weeks) for 0.12. Tentative target release date is Feb 28th. Here are some of the features
that we need to incorporate into this release.