airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject [GSoC] Identity Server needs for Airavata
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2014 19:51:07 GMT
Hi All,

I would like to brainstorm on this project idea. I know it may be too late for GSoC, but still
if we conclude enough, we can probably motivate a student to pick on it.

For Airavata thrift API, we have been relying on a assertion of mutual authentication with
client gateways. This still seems reasonable, but I worry about deployment headaches of issuing
and managing these PKI’s. More over, when Sachith had a brief interaction on this topic
on thrift dev list [1], it seems like mutual authentication is not current available. The
service authentication seems to be well supported though.

Since Airavata based gateways at some point will need to work on Identity Management, I wonder
if prototyping a OAuth2 identify server integration with Airavata might help? If this is worth
exploring, making this a GSoC idea might not be a bad choice.

Amila and others, any thoughts?

Suresh
[1] - http://markmail.org/thread/3ukgiznbmvi6g5vd