airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Marlon Pierce <marpi...@iu.edu>
Subject Re: Test cases in Airavata with grid security
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 15:17:15 GMT
How about having an "all tests" profile for full release testing?

Marlon

On 3/27/14 11:11 AM, Suresh Marru wrote:
> Also, same could be argued for other providers like EC2, Unicore and so on.
>
> I mean you want to have Unicore to european clusters a test case and if a XSEDE developer
does not have those credentials, those tests should be in separate silos as well.

> Suresh
>
> On Mar 27, 2014, at 11:09 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> + 1, I like this tradeoff.
>>
>> Suresh
>>
>> On Mar 27, 2014, at 11:07 AM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Currently in Airavata trunk we have disabled all the tests with grid security,
main reason is normal user who comes to airavata might not have any grid security to build
airavata with tests.

>>> I think we have to separate out grid related tests and run them separate from
a normal build and write more test cases to test the local functionality for each modules
to test each functionality and enable tests to build in airavata. Test cases which should
need grid security has to go to grid related test module which is not part of the main build.

>>> Grid security related tests cases are really important for us to test the real
usecases during the development, so the developers who got credentials can run those tests
during development and others will not be burdened of those tests but still they can build
with the test-cases.