airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Integrating the thrift client into a Gateway
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2014 21:04:45 GMT
Hi Supun,

We started on the host description model [1], but it will take some time before the implementation
of it completes. So you can expect to work with these very soon. While you wait, you can try
few things:

* Get familiar with the status of previous web interfaces so we can weigh on if changing XBaya
is better or finishing the web interface. Please refer to [2] and [3], build the codes and
get a feel for whats already there. The codes should be in [4].

Suresh
[1]  - https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=airavata.git;a=blob_plain;f=airavata-api/thrift-interface-descriptions/computeResourceDescription.thrift;hb=HEAD
[2] - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRAVATA/WebUI+-+Architecture+and+Components+overview
[3] - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRAVATA/Web-Based+Experiment+Builder
[4] - https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/airavata/sandbox/gsoc2013/

On Mar 1, 2014, at 1:37 PM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Supun,
>
> First its a good question. We currently do not support those operations in thrift-client-api.
 If you can have a look at OrchestratorClientFactoryTest.java u can see how we are saving
descriptor documents. Please use the old Registry to do those tasks.

> Lahiru
>

> On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 12:55 PM, Supun Nakandala <supun.nakandala@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Lahiru,
>
> Since Sachith has asked about the Airavata client sdk I think this is the best place
to ask my question.

> I went through the documentation related to the new thrift API and also through the airavata-api
code. But I cannot understand how to do the actions like
>   -> Adding host descriptors to the registry
>   -> Adding service descriptors to the registry
>   -> Adding workflows to the registry etc ...
> using the new thrift API which can be done using the 0.11 Airavata API.
>
> Can you explain me how can we use the new thrift api to achieve the above tasks.
>
> Thank you.
>

> On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 12:33 PM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sachith,
>
> You don't have to generate any code,we are providing client bundle and just have to use
it to program against the api we provide. We will be able to come up with a full working sample
just using our thrift client, then you just have to follow that sample.