airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Supporting BESProvider
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2014 16:18:20 GMT
Thanks Shahbaz,

Few changes you might notice from last time you contributed:

Airavata moved from SVN to GIT, you can find the repo URL’s here - http://airavata.apache.org/development/source.html

Airavata adopted Apache Thrift for the client-server RPC communications. The new API based
on thrift is in active development. I am planning to start a discussion thread on the 0.12
release planning today. Please feel free to start on the BES provider changes, but it might
be best if we start committing any changes after the 0.12 (expecting to pull it off within
next week).

Suresh

On Mar 10, 2014, at 11:53 AM, Shahbaz Memon <m.memon@fz-juelich.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In our experience the GFAC's BES [1] provider appeared to be useful for science gateways
(for example UltraScan) submitting and managing jobs on UNICORE [2] based HPC infrastructures.
In spite of that the existing code, which is based on 0.10 branch needs some effort to make
it compatible with the latest Airavata source. For that I will be maintaining and supporting
the provider code. I will make sure the provider deployments can securely interact with remote
BES complaint interfaces (at least with UNICORE, generally any BES middleware). This may involve
some updates at the core services layer, for which I will need your help.