airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSOC template?
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2014 20:17:19 GMT
On Mar 20, 2014, at 4:11 PM, Marlon Pierce <marpierc@iu.edu> wrote:

> Is
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRAVATA/GSoC+2013+Student+Application+Template
> still a good template?

Thats good enough. Also when students

Couple more examples - http://en.flossmanuals.net/GSoCStudentGuide/ch027_proposal-example-1/
and http://en.flossmanuals.net/GSoCStudentGuide/ch028_proposal-example-2/

Also when students start writing a ASF proposal, the following template if populated to fill
in:
——
In order to apply we ask that you create

	• a list of deliverables, quantifiable results for the Apache community,
	• a detailed description / design document,
	• an approach,
	• an approximate schedule and
	• something of a background text.
We also need you to let us know what other commitments you have for the period of GSoC, for
example, do you have any exams or a part time job?

In other words - sell yourselves, as if this was an actual job.

In drawing up your proposal you have to work with your chosen projects community.

One of our most important evaluation criteria is that you have already engaged with the community
to ensure that you understand the needs of the project and the commitment you need to make
to your mentors. In order to get in contact with a project send an email to the project's
development list (usually dev@<project>.apache.org or <project>-dev@incubator.apache.org)
after subscribing.

See http://community.apache.org/gsoc.html for more information.

-----