airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Airavata API update and lock for 2 days
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 12:55:17 GMT
On Feb 10, 2014, at 4:04 PM, Chathuri Wimalasena <kamalasini@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Suresh,
>
> According to the new structure, where do you plan to have server implementation ? Is
it under org.apache.airavata.api.server.handler of airavata-api-server ?

We can iterate how to best organize all these through next couple of releases, but for now,
i felt its better to have only one copy of the generated boilerplate code in airavata-api-sdk
and the server can have both the server administration and the handler.

Suresh

> Thanks..
> Chathuri
>

> On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 3:18 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Suresh,
>
> I am more than happy bring JS-API again to consideration and continue integration with
airavata code base. Let's have a discussion once you ready.

> Thanks,
> Shameera.
>

> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 1:13 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
> Thanks for catching it Shameera. I realized that mistake after wasting some time this
morning. Good to know we have more eyes to look at the repos.

> I have specific question on JS-API relevance to all of the thrift integration efforts,
but I will wait for a couple more days and ask you more preciously. But it will be great to
get your insights on this.

> Suresh
>
> On Feb 10, 2014, at 2:24 PM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Suresh,
> >
> > There is an issue with airavata-api/airavata-client-sdks/java-client-samples/pom.xml,
It seems parent artifactId should be changed to "airavata-client-sdks". If you need to isolate
the airavata-api(hope that is what you mean by "they are not integrated) from main build as
you are refactoring that module, better way to do that is comment out airavata-api module
from root pom.xml . We can uncomment once you finish your works.

> > Thanks,
> > Shameera.
> >

> > On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 8:51 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I see that most of current activity is in CPI’s within the modules directory.
Can I use this window of time and request for a lock on the airavata-api directory for couple
of days? I want to use this time to liberally organize the client and server packages. I just
committed a mock of Airavata API client and server and I learnt lot of do’s and don’ts.
Changes to airavata-api should not impact any of the development within modules (as of now,
since they are not integrated). My goal is to accomplish the following:

> > * A client distribution which has no transitive dependencies to any server side
jars other than the model, logging and client side security.
> > * A simple client distribution at the same time have it modularized so any changes
to thrift interfaces and re-generation of stubs/skeltons is seamless