airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hangout: Orchestrator, Registry, GFAC, and API recap and plans
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2014 16:10:03 GMT
On Feb 4, 2014, at 9:59 AM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Suresh,
>
> Current airavataAPI looks very clean and easy to understand. Thanks to your very detail
comments I was able to understand the process.

> I think we need to make sure we give a simple easy to use experimentModel.ConfigurationData
object to configure. What is our plan with implementing experimentModel.ConfigurationData
?

Yes, we need every one’s critical eye in making these configuration data to cover all the
use cases, yet be simple and as concise as possible.

For the implementation, thrift has a generator for java beans (in addition to standard java)
which essentially makes all members to private with setters to return void. We can have this
generated beans as a separate airavata-thrift-datamodel.jar and all components will use this
the same way we now use workflow execution context or workflow tracking library. Not sure
if this is what you asked.

> Regards
> Lahiru
>

> On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 9:35 AM, Marlon Pierce <marpierc@iu.edu> wrote:
> Where do these go?  In modules/thrift-interfaces?

I am now poking around at other thrift based projects to find a way to organize these. A challenge
I see if how to over-write the generated classes without loosing any implementations. Will
post a layout for discussion soon.

Suresh

> Marlon
>
> On 2/4/14 9:34 AM, Suresh Marru wrote:
> > Makes sense Lahiru. I will commit generated data model into commons and client stubs
and server skeletons.

> > Suresh
> >
> > On Feb 4, 2014, at 9:18 AM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Suresh,
> >>
> >> I think to do a proper review, we need to generate code and commit to the repository.
This will make life easier for developers, because everybody doesn't have to go through the
hard steps to install Thrift in their machines.

> >> By looking in to .thrift files its difficult to navigate through the object
model and hard to understand it.