airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Sachith Withana <swsach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simple Gateway Developer Guide - Fails
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2014 14:50:14 GMT
Hi Supun,

Good Observation. The problem is that the descriptors that you are trying
to add ( through the Simple Gateway Guide) already exists in the registry.
You have two options to prevent this,

*[learning Airavata perspective : to keep running the tests]*
1. Once the descriptors are added once, you don't need to add it again to
run the same service. So either you can clean the registry ( if you want to
add the descriptors again) or prevent the test from adding the descriptors
when the test is run again.

Basically when the descriptors ( which describes the services,host and the
applications) are already there, you don't need to describe it again.
Airavata prevents from doing it ( when using the direct descriptor
submission).

*[Gateway developer perspective]*
2.  You can test whether the descriptors are already there when you are
trying to add the descriptors. AiravataAPI has that capability to check if
the descriptors exist via using isHostDescriptorExist() type of methods. If
the descriptor is already there, you won't add that.( it's implemented in
the Integration-tests: WorkflowTestBase class)

We didn't want to make it too complicated for the developer by adding all
those conditions. We wanted the guide to look as simple as possible.

I will note that in the guide itself.

--
Thanks,
Sachith Withana