airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Wijeratne <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clarification about Registry and Provenance packages in XBaya
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2014 20:05:46 GMT
Hi Supun,

XBaya is a legacy library which contains both the XBaya UI code and the
Workflow Interpreter code. Separating them out in to 2 different libraries
has proven too much of work at the moment. There'll also be some stale
classes which over the time has lost its use to the system but was not
purged.

*XBaya UI features*
Create/register/edit/delete applications
Compose/register/edit/delete workflows
Run workflows
Monitor workflow execution
View registry tree
Amazon tools
Globus tools

*Workflow Interpreter*
Workflow model
Workflow Interpreter
Workflow interpreter configuration
Workflow notification handling
Component Invokers (dynamic/gfac)
Utils to manage wsdls, xmls, strings, amazon tasks etc.

Thus the classes/packages present in the XBaya does not limit to just
registry or provenance. Infact these which you've spotted may just be sub
package of a feature grouping (eg: Dialogs : registry login, component
pallet: application service components). Please be specific on which
package you meant.

If you are looking for a starting point in XBaya, start by looking at
org.apache.airavata.xbaya.XBaya.main(...) method.

Regards,
Saminda