airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Supun Nakandala <supun.nakand...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC 2014] Intorduction
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2014 09:23:24 GMT
On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 2:27 PM, Nadeem Anjum <nadeem.cs.iit@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> This is Nadeem Anjum, a fourth year undergraduate student of Indian
> Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, majoring in Computer Science and
> Engineering.
>
> I was a Google Summer of Code 2013 participant with Apache SIS and worked
> on Agent Based Modeling based geo-profiling of criminology projects.
>
> I am interested in contributing to Apache Airavata, and Google Summer of
> Code 2014 is a good opportunity to get started with.
>
> Please guide on how I can learn more about Airavata and get started with
> my GSoC application.
>
> Thanks,
> Nadeem.

Hi Nadeem,

I am also a newbie for Apache Airavata and I started hacking the code few
days back. You can find the instruction on how to set up the environment
and build the solution here-[1]. I recommend that you follow the Quick
Start Tutorial-[2] and also the 5 minutes-[3] and 10 minutes-[4] tutorials.
Once you do that Simple Gateway Developer Guide-[5] is a very good tutorial
to follow so that you can get a better understanding on Airavta API works.

Best Regards
Supun

[1] - http://airavata.apache.org/development/source.html
[2] - http://airavata.apache.org/documentation/quickstart-tutorials.html