airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Airavata Thrift Module Hierarchy
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 18:27:27 GMT
Hi Saminda,

As with other distributions, the client SDK’s will have sources and we can ship the binaries
as release artifacts. Ofcourse the java client sdk can be pushed to maven. It will be nice
to push the PHP SDK to PEAR library (http://pear.php.net/), perl to CPAN (http://www.cpan.org/)
but I do not know whats involved and associate release tasks. But it will be good to explore
once we get some php users.

To start with, I suggested to move the airavata-api, the data models and client sdk’s to
top level in the repository. So now users who are interested in checking the source of data
model and clients can do so right away. The server skeletons and handlers are also here. Only
core developers who work with component implementations can navigate into modules.

Suresh

On Feb 6, 2014, at 4:12 PM, Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm sorry I forgot to ask this question earlier (and probably it was asked earlier in
a discussion which I missed following). The client SDKs are straightaway binary distributions
(zip/tar.gz)?

> On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 8:10 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
> With no objections, I will goahead and make this directory structure and start checking
in thrift generated code.

> Suresh
> On Feb 4, 2014, at 12:42 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > As we are discussing on [1] Of all the examples I looked around, I really liked
apache accumulo approach in working with thrift (thanks for the pointer Supun). How about
we shamelessly copy clone accumulo’s script? It nicely appends license headers and cherry
picks thrift interfaces changes and copies them into the right destination.