airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Introduction to Airavata Dev List
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 13:43:58 GMT
Welcome onboard Vivek.

Airavata started as a research project and is a by-product of few PhD dissertations who are
on the architecture list. To keep us focused on applying the software to diverse scientific
disciplines, we intentionally do not want to be on the technology forefront but rather pick
what works and stand behind what happens in the main stream industry. So we greatly appreciate
all the discussions on the architecture lists and will be great to see you hangout there as
well.

The website documentation is very cluttered and we are trying to revamp it, meanwhile, feel
free to ask any questions. As with any open source project, the first  contributions start
with complaining in a constructive way.

Suresh

On Feb 25, 2014, at 2:51 AM, Vivek Bhatia <vivb77@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> My name is Vivek Bhatia and I wanted to send out this email introducing myself to the
Airavata dev list. I recently expressed my interest in contributing to the Apache Airavata
project and have subscribed to the dev and architecture mailing list for Airavata.

> I am currently working at Workday as a development manager in their tools/platform group.
Prior to that I was working with HP in their Sunnyvale, CA office as a software R&D manager
in their Cloud Automation Product Unit. I am very excited about Airavata and the facet of
distributed computing that it brings to the open source world.