airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GSoC 2014] Project based on XBaya
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2014 18:17:10 GMT
Hi Nadeem,

We still did not compile the list of GSoC projects for 2014, but independent of other, I think
we certainly can take some help on XBaya and we have major refactoring needs come up. Let
me suggest a list of tasks for you to get started.

* Can you subscribe to Airavata User Mailing list[1] and help Heejoon with this thread [2]

* Heejoon and his advisor Prof. Sun Kim’s research group uses XBaya for interacting with
Amazon EC2 Resources so better packaging of the JNLP will help them.

As for the GSoC project itself, it will involve changing the current XBaya which reads the
components in the workflow based on XML Schemas and WSDL’s and we need to migrate that using
in development thrift based data models. This will require also changes to XBaya communications
to registry and workflow interpreter to talk to the new Airavata API. I will clearly elaborate
on the GSoC project, but for now, please start with helping Heejoon and understanding the
inner workings of 5 	and 10 minute tutorials. Stick to Airavata 0.11 version for now. The
trunk will be in rapid development over the next few weeks.

Suresh
[1] - http://airavata.apache.org/community/mailing-lists.html
[2] - http://markmail.org/thread/c6exit64mmhhpew7
[3] - http://biohealth.snu.ac.kr/wiki/index.php/BioVLab_:_Biology_Virtual_Collaborative_Lab

On Feb 5, 2014, at 12:57 PM, Nadeem Anjum <nadeem.cs.iit@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> Over the last few days I have been going through Airavata codebase. I specifically got
interested in XBaya, and it will be great if I could get a chance to work on a project based
on XBaya for GSoC 2014