airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GSoC 2014] Intorduction
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2014 14:30:49 GMT
Hi Supun,

This is very nice. We really like all of you helping each other out. Remember apache projects
are driven by their communities and collectively its good to breed a good introductory material.

Suresh

On Feb 2, 2014, at 4:23 AM, Supun Nakandala <supun.nakandala@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 2:27 PM, Nadeem Anjum <nadeem.cs.iit@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> This is Nadeem Anjum, a fourth year undergraduate student of Indian Institute of Technology,
Kharagpur, majoring in Computer Science and Engineering.

> I was a Google Summer of Code 2013 participant with Apache SIS and worked on Agent Based
Modeling based geo-profiling of criminology projects.

> I am interested in contributing to Apache Airavata, and Google Summer of Code 2014 is
a good opportunity to get started with.

> Please guide on how I can learn more about Airavata and get started with my GSoC application.
>
> Thanks,
> Nadeem.
> Hi Nadeem,
>
> I am also a newbie for Apache Airavata and I started hacking the code few days back.
You can find the instruction on how to set up the environment and build the solution here-[1].
I recommend that you follow the Quick Start Tutorial-[2] and also the 5 minutes-[3] and 10
minutes-[4] tutorials. Once you do that Simple Gateway Developer Guide-[5] is a very good
tutorial to follow so that you can get a better understanding on Airavta API works.