airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Removing current registry and orchestrator services
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2014 15:15:01 GMT
On Feb 22, 2014, at 12:21 AM, Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.amila@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 for removing registry service.
> I can remember registry service leading to a race condition and to avoid that we had
to introduce an unnecessary check. More info in [1].

I agree. We need to move the registry startup scripts into the new registry cpi-service and
remove this. We can remove orchestrator without any impact.

Suresh

> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-879
>
> Thanks
> Amila
>

> On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 3:41 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As I noted on the JIRA (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-1005), it will
be useful to start exploring the service versions of the CPI’s for internal communication.
To avoid conflicts, can we remove the current registry-service which is mainly used to bootstrap
database and also current orchestrator-service which was a simple proof of concept thrift
file with no implementation?