airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Orchestrator Overview Meeting Summary
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 22:20:55 GMT
Thanks Sachith for this overview talk. Nice summary.

Suresh

On Jan 16, 2014, at 10:58 AM, Sachith Withana <swsachith@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> This is the summary of the meeting we had Wednesday( 01/16/14) on the Orchestrator.
>
> Orchestrator Overview
> I Introduced the Orchestrator and I have attached the presentation herewith.
>
> Adding Job Cloning capability to the Orchestrator API
> Saminda suggested that we should have a way to clone an existing job and run it with
different inputs or on a different host or both. Here's the Jira for that.[1]

> Gfac embedded vs Gfac as a service
> We have implemented the embedded Gfac and decided to use it for now.
> Gfac as a service is a long term goal to have. Until we get the Orchestrator complete
we will use the embedded Gfac.

> Job statuses for the Orchestrator and the Gfac
> We need to come up with multi-level job statuses. User-level, Orchestartor-level and
the Gfac-level statuses. Also the mapping between them is open for discussion. We didn't come
to a conclusion on the matter. We will discuss this topic in an upcoming meeting.