airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Sachith Withana <swsach...@gmail.com>
Subject Gateway Developer Tutorial
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2014 05:07:19 GMT
Hi all,

Apache Airavata developer guide[1] is obsolete as mentioned by Saminda in
the Jira [2].

We are planning to update the Wiki Gateway developer guide so that a
gateway developer is able to create the gateways using the latest Airavata
API.

We have divided the developer guide into two components
1. Simple Gateway developer guide
2. Elaborated Gateway developer guide

In the simple gateway guide, we will be targeting new gateway developers to
use the API to create a simple yet complete gateway. I have attached the
design of a simple gateway and the guide will help the developer in
accomplishing those components with the use of the Airavata API.
This design contains a simple workflow with inputs.

In the elaborated Gateway guide, we will take on executing complex
workflows with multiple number of nodes in different hosts ...etc, getting
status of the experiment at multiple levels ( Experiment level, workflow
level( multiple workflows under the same experiment is not yet supported),
Node Level, Application Level ...etc)

Any suggestions are welcome.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRAVATA/Airavata+Developer+Guide