airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Sachith Withana <swsach...@gmail.com>
Subject Update the Gfac job status in the Orchestrator table.
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2014 02:40:27 GMT
Hi all,

Currently Gfac job status updates are not reflected in the Orchestrator
table. We need to have the status updates in the Orchestrator table for it
to function properly.

Currently the suggestion is:

Update the Orchestrator table when the Gfac is updating its status in the
registry.This will take place in the Registry method itself, since
Orchestrator is using the registry directly rather than going through the
API like the Gfac does.We will have to check whether the Gfac Job_id is
connected to an experiment in the Orchestrator table, and if it is, update
the Orchestrator table as well

Any better ways of doing this? I'm not sure about the overhead involved
with looking up two tables when updating the status.

--
Thanks,
Sachith Withana