airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Sachith Withana <swsach...@gmail.com>
Subject Orchestrator Overview Meeting Summary
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 15:58:51 GMT
Hi All,

This is the summary of the meeting we had Wednesday( 01/16/14) on the
Orchestrator.

Orchestrator Overview
I Introduced the Orchestrator and I have attached the presentation herewith.

Adding Job Cloning capability to the Orchestrator API
Saminda suggested that we should have a way to clone an existing job and
run it with different inputs or on a different host or both. Here's the
Jira for that.[1]

Gfac embedded vs Gfac as a service
We have implemented the embedded Gfac and decided to use it for now.
Gfac as a service is a long term goal to have. Until we get the
Orchestrator complete we will use the embedded Gfac.

Job statuses for the Orchestrator and the Gfac
We need to come up with multi-level job statuses. User-level,
Orchestartor-level and the Gfac-level statuses. Also the mapping between
them is open for discussion. We didn't come to a conclusion on the matter.
We will discuss this topic in an upcoming meeting.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-989

--
Thanks,
Sachith Withana