airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Wijeratne <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Gateway Developer Tutorial
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2014 17:23:02 GMT
Sounds good Sachith. Few things to keep in mind.

   1. Describe the simple problem which you are simulating a solution for
   through a simple gateway. (eg: a scientist wants to run his application
   with the input datasets then wait until it finishes to view the results)
   2. Might be a good idea to mention the obvious things for an actual
   gateway which you are leaving-out of this tutorial for simplicity. (eg:
   authentication, session management, file upload/downloads etc.)
   3. You may have to specifically explain in brief things such as
   authentication requirements for the Airavata Server (although the gateway
   user doesn't require authentication).
   4. Identify the user groups clearly. For example the gateway user is the
   person who will be using the web portal. gateway developer is the person
   who develops the web portal. a gateway admin is the person who configures
   the web portal (in your simple gateway dev tutorial gateway admin need not
   be included but I think its useful to mention who'd be responsible for
   adding the workflows/descriptors perhaps through XBaya for this simple
   gateway)

These are just things from top of my head. Feel free to get more
clarifications on them...

Saminda