airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Lahiru Gunathilake <glah...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update the Gfac job status in the Orchestrator table.
Date Sun, 19 Jan 2014 21:46:30 GMT
Hi Sachitha,

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 9:40 PM, Sachith Withana <swsachith@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Currently Gfac job status updates are not reflected in the Orchestrator
> table. We need to have the status updates in the Orchestrator table for it
> to function properly.

I think Orchestrator does change the status to the table now.

> Currently the suggestion is:
>
> Update the Orchestrator table when the Gfac is updating its status in the
> registry.This will take place in the Registry method itself, since
> Orchestrator is using the registry directly rather than going through the
> API like the Gfac does.We will have to check whether the Gfac Job_id is
> connected to an experiment in the Orchestrator table, and if it is, update
> the Orchestrator table as well

I am not clear about this, can you please exlain little bit what do you
mean by " Orchestrator is using the registry directly rather than going
through the API". I think orchestrator and gfac both just have to use the
registry.

Regards
Lahiru

--