airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.am...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commit messages, Jira, and version control
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 15:09:54 GMT
On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 6:44 AM, Shameera Rathnayaka <shameerainfo@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi Amila,
>
> see my comment inline,
>
> On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 3:44 PM, Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.amila@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>

>>> Isn't it good to use separate repository to XBaya? My point is, Then we
>>> can introduce another GUI client( Web base) and deprecate XBaya in future.
>>>

>> I do not think it is good to have XBaya in a separate repo. There are lot
>> of common code which XBaya and other artefacts share.
>>

> IMO as a GUI client, Xbaya only depend on Airavata client api? If not
> isn't it better to do this separation? As a result we will end up getting
> rich client API. WDYT?

There are common code like utils, configurations that both XBaya and other
artefacts depends on.
Again 2 repos mean more work. 2 build servers, 2 release cycles and more
dependencies. And so far we didnt encounter issues managing Airavata code
using a single repo. Maybe we can consider this when we really face issues
with a single repo.

Thanks
Amila

?