airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.am...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commit messages, Jira, and version control
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 02:46:31 GMT
Hi Suresh,

I didnt quite understand what you proposed. Are you proposing to have
separate repos for "Airavata Services", "Airavata Client SDK’s" etc ... ?
If so I am with Danushka.

Also Airavata is a fairly manageable code base. So I also dont see an
advantage having separate repos for each of the sub-components.

Thanks
Amila

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 7:08 PM, Danushka Menikkumbura <
danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com> wrote:

> Suresh,
>
> IMO, having independent repositories does not really help unless the
> components are mutually exclusive and we ship them independently.
>
> Danushka
>

> On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 1:32 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> In retrospect, it may be better to make this decision now and have INFRA
>> create the required repositories at once.
>>
>> I kind of liked what Shameera started, just to rephrase:
>>
>> * Airavata Services
>> * Airavata Client SDK’s
>> * Airavata Web UI’s
>> * Airavata GUI Tools
>> * Airavata Admin Tools
>>
>> I am + 0 on this. Not sure if breaking up will reduce clutter and provide
>> better manageability or will overwhelm.
>>
>> Here are some examples, if it helps:
>>
>> https://github.com/jclouds
>>
>> And the master ASF repo which is an umbrella for all apache project
>> mirrors - https://github.com/apache
>>
>> Suresh
>>

>> On Jan 21, 2014, at 2:36 PM, Marlon Pierce <marpierc@iu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> > For now, I want to keep the same structure with one repository. Assuming
>> > the vote passes, this will be a simple email to Apache INFRA to do the
>> > conversion.  We can bring up reorganization separately.
>> >
>> > Please let me know if I am missing something, though.
>> >

>> > Marlon

>> it

>> the

>> all